6/07/2019

COLORS ADORN!

A smaller sized earring of less weight for our earlobes.  Instead of longer, free-flowing fringe off the bottom of brickstitch, I wrapped these around for loops.  I've seen different versions of this idea out there... not really sure who came up with it, but I loved the idea when I saw it.  I used 11.0 sb with 6mm fire polish on the earring wire.  These are puuuurrrfffeeect for summer and the colors -- mamma mia!  :)  Darlin' little stars add a bit of pop.  Adorbs.


Similar colors as above, but the longer dangle look.  Again, on FB and on Pinterest, so many different versions of these brickstitch with dangle designs out there.  The sky's the limit on how long or what you add to them - I added some tiny myuki drop beads to both the earring wires and the bottom of the dangles for my own JDreams flair, and I'm lovin me some blue right now!!  Some people like shorter, and some people like longer.  Always good to have a choice, depending on your hair length too, or if you are wearing your hair up or down.  No reason to wear darlin' earrings if no one can see them, right?




A flash idea, as I played with some different beads on my mat, grew into these darlin loose flower earrings.  Rizzo's, 8.0 sb and some fire polish wrapped around a pounded brass round link.  I've kind of been in a wire wrapping state of mind and there's that blue again.  These are more delicate than what they show here, and there is movement with the rizzos, which adds a bit of life to the design.


An idea I saw on Instagram at #seedbeadjewelry. CindyKinersonjewelry posted a pair she had created using brickstitch attached to some engraved or stamped natural leather, as the lower portion of the earring - they were really fantastic!  I loved the idea and my head started spinning about what I could come up with that followed the basic idea but was different.  So, I went through my own leather stash and came up with this combo.  Cutting very small pieces of leather in a shape is not as easy as it looks, so don't look too close!  Best part is how light they are.   Even with the 11.0 seed beads, the czech glass and 8mm round, these are light as a feather.  FUN!



No comments: