1/14/2014

Showcasing an Agate



A lovely piece made with lots of birthday love for my work-sistah and dear friend Kriss - who I have mentioned in the past as one of my most avid supporters.  She both purchases my pieces and then markets them, simply by putting them on.  Thanks, Kriss.  Here's the first of her birthday gift set.  She actually purchased some beads on a trip to Seattle, and because I asked her to go into a shop (yes, a bead shop!) for me in Bothell, she came home with some loverlies in a sack and said something like, "when you get time . . .  no pressure, but maybe at some point. . . " I've been looking at this pendant and her little sack for several months now and then I decided for her birthday, I just needed to get 'er done!!!  She bought the piece of Agate, and it was already a good sized piece - so, I made it larger(!) by embellishing it with transparent purple and turquoise peanuts (Kriss's sack), 11.0 seed beads and added swarovski crystals,  also in a combination of purple and turquoise.  I used 2-hole czech tiles (Kriss's sack), interspersed with 11.0 seed beads, for the necklace.



A view of the three pieces - the earrings are so cute - a peanut beaded bead, using transparent peanuts (Kriss's sack!) and my stash of drops in two sizes with swarovski crystals for added pop.


 

No comments: