5/08/2013

TURQUOISE AND COPPER

Turquoise and cooper are meant to be together! A summer necklace with lots of fun ingredients.  The pendant started free-form with 18 gauge wire and I linked it at the top with a criss-cross and hammered it a bit for texture.  Then I wire wrapped 26 gauge wire w/turquoise chips, czech glass, crystals, seed beads, lentels, copper 3 and 4mm etc. The sun charm dangles on top of a shell donut round.  This necklace SOLD itself while I was wearing it!  Thanks Kriss!  I think the "sun" caught her eye... She's truly one of my most avid supporters, which I appreciate so much!  See the earrings below that I whipped up for her to go with.



 
 A button closure - copper button glued to a shell round and it clasps on the side, which shows it off!


EARRINGS to match.  These turned out so lovely.  Very light and airy... I again did a little bit of wire wrapping - across the front of the copper pieces w/28 gauge copper wire.  Added top spacer, bead cap, turquoise chips, czech drops and voila!  A really nice combo. 



different necklace . . . simpler version w/gemstones, turquoise, bronze, copper with a leaf and a bee dangle on the front.

No comments: