11/12/2013

Tagua Nut Inspiration/ Leather Wrapping Project

Necklace, earrings and wrap bracelet for a special birthday girl!.  My friend Aimee, who is the very talented girl who got me started beading, oh so many million beads and $$ ago....just celebrated her day.  So, here's what I made for her.  My inspiration started with the necklace, using tagua nut rounds, leather strapping and a wood art tile pendant from J-Lynn Jewels.  J-Lynn does lovely tiles in wonderful color combinations, and her pendants are so light and easy to wear.  Then I made the earrings to match, and these are just "so Aimee"!!!!  I randomly thought to insert the etched silver plate rounds inside the tagua nut circle to dress them up, and voila - it worked... perfectly I think!

And, arent these colors gorgeous together?  8mm fire polish, silver spacers, wood oblongs, wood multi angle cut spacers and lots of needle pricks in my fingers later...  I wanted to toss this bracelet across the room a couple of times.  The thread I chose was thicker than I thought, and it did not want to go through most of the beads twice, so I struggled each time.  Ahhh, at least the end result was worth the swearing, sore fingers and bleeding... :)  I learned to make my first leather wrap bracelet at where else?  Bead Street of course!
 
 


 








Here's the necklace.  I was having trouble getting a good picture in the right light.  One is overexposed and the other is a little dark, but you get the gist... A really simple idea, but goes with anything and easy to wear with a magnet closure.


The earrings are tagua nut rounds, silver plate etched rounds inserted in the middle of the tagua nut centers, 8mm fire polish and 4 mm pearls and czech glass rondelles


 

No comments: