1/23/2018

RAKU MEDALLION AND OTHER WRAPPINGS!

I purchased a couple Raku medallions a few years ago from one of my favorite locally owned stores Dragonfly.  I absolutely loved the size and coloration!  Fast forward to now, and in searching my rather large stash of "special" pendants and other beads, they popped up and yelled... me, me, me!  Ha.  So, I was feeling the creativity and decided I'd do some wire wrapping, which doesn't always go perfectly!  But, on this particular day, the force was with me. :) I started by shaping and hammering some patinaed 16 gauge wire for the outer round and then used that as my base for attaching the pendant with 18 gauge wraps.  On a really great day, as we all know, creativity can flow with such positive force.  So... here are the wire wraps from that day.  I hadn't determined what I would do for a necklace on either one, but eventually did make a leather strap for the horse medallion, which was perfect.  Unfortunately, that beauty has galloped off to a very happy new home, so no picture available to show the leather.  Also, some earrings to match below.




The coloration and coating on the drops in the earrings below (from Fusion Beads) are so gorgeous and really pick up some of the same tones from the Raku medallion.  I also used some 1-hole lentils for a bit of add'l design.




And for my next wrapping, an incredible Staci Louise Originals Day of the Dead pendant.  The design of this piece, along with the colors, is so unique!  Love it and I must say, I'm thrilled with my wrapping ability on that ONE GIVEN day.  :) 






No comments: