9/29/2017

BACK ON LINE W/SOME METAL PIECES!

The faster I run the behinder I get!  I have several wonderful creations of late to post, but getting them photographed and ready is another matter and takes me some time.  Enjoying the last of the perfect weather, outside temps and sun seems to take priority this time of year.  But, I'll slowly get back to it.  Here are just a couple... 

The first pic shows 4-tiered earrings, which started as a sheet of 26 gauge copper.  Beth Routhier is a wonderful teacher - and, thankfully, she does not mince words, especially when she tells me to quit using my own fingers to mold the wire or metal.  USE THE TOOLS ... USE THE TOOLS.  Ha.  I love learning something new and this was just that -- cutting out the metal, sanding, embossing with a design, and dipping in patina for just the perfect color effect, more sanding, shaping so it slightly domes, more sanding and then assembly.  You can see that mine are not perfectly cut... I was not providing enough pressure as I was hammering to punch out the shapes, so I have some learnin' to do.  These are so light and dangly - fun!  


Another metal creation, but I purchased all the parts precut.  All brass Vintaj, including the chain. I added my own combo of Vintaj paints to give the sun flower and earring rounds some pop with fall colors.  The options are absolutely endless on coloration...I also added some crystal and pip bead dangles to the chain to give it some movement and to the earrings some lucite flowers with crystal rounds and 1-hole lentils, again for some movement.  Very easy piece to wear!








No comments: