8/18/2015

LEARNIN' ME SOME MORE METALsmithing!

In my ongoing process of learning about metal and all those new jewelry creation horizons, I enjoyed another fun class with Beth at Bead Street.  Her Passion Flower design, her embossing machine and some 26g copper blanks (and several wire wrapped glass beads, leaves and flowers later) helped me make my leaf bracelet below.  I slightly altered my bracelet design (hard to imagine, I know!) because the original design had all the wrapped dangles on one side of the metal bar, which was beautiful, but on my wrist just wouldn't stay in place.  So, I went back and refined it for me ever so slightly by adjusting some of the dangles to the other side, so both were more weighted.  Now, it wears a little better for me.  I am also still messing with the metal colors... I can't seem to leave it alone, or to get it exactly where I want it, but this is the latest version.  More to probably come, as just this morning before I left for work, I was taking off old and adding new paint for a different look. See the last three pics below for newest coloration (more turquoise!)







No comments: