7/24/2017

CONSOLIDATION from TWO to ONE WEARABLE PIECE!


I combined two special pieces (a necklace and a bracelet) to make this wonderful necklace highlighting my three darlin grandkids.  My MT daughter (in law) had given me a silver spoon/nest necklace with cultured pearls in the middle, and just this year for Mother's Day gave me an adjustable silver bracelet with the three grandchildren's names/birthstone charms, along with a tree of life charm.  Because both pieces held personal significance, I immediately thought about a combined piece, incorporating some copper and making it my own.  So, I set to work, remaking the wire nest in the middle of the spoons in copper, painting the silver tree of life charm, and hanging the individual kids' charms from that.  I also added a couple of different chains including some patinaed copper.  Love the feel of this consolidated piece... and feel our little peeps are with me whenever I wear it.







No comments: