1/09/2016

BACK TO IT IN STYLE!

The Holidays are behind me and this New Year 2016 well under way!    The first three months of this year will be filled with lots of new designs, creativity with my wonderful beading friends / designers, and some gift making, all with a happy heart as I sit down to bead.  There really isn't anything I'd rather be doing when I need to "zone out" and be one with my inner creative girl.  It is a very therapeutic hobby, which I love.  So... Here I go...this set is new for 2016.  A lovely pendant from Tracee Dock at the Classic Bead, went beautifully with the daintiness of the final piece.  The copper twigs are wonderful (altho little hard to find) and I added a little patinaed wire wrapping to attach the pendant to the necklace. As I was making the earrings I knew they would be wonderful, and they are!  The horseshoe shape (design by Jennifer and Susan Schwartzenberger (Beadwork, winter 2016) adds a new dimension I think -I am still in love with the art of stitching around a component (of any kind). The bracelet is a pattern from Preciosa they named Thorny Twig, learned en masse with my beading buddies in our first gathering for awhile.  It was a wonderful Saturday!  Note the new Chilli beads which Eileen is carrying at Bead Street.  Thank you to Sandy and Eileen for helping us make this new design.
 








No comments: