3/02/2016

DESERT DIAMONDS!

A FUN design by Shae Wilhite, which she appropriately named Desert Diamonds.  In a group with my beading sistahs, as I like to call our close beading ensemble - we tackled this lovely pattern, which was published in Beadwork back in October/November 2014.  I do not remember seeing this wonderful pattern.  Sharon used some beautiful colors in her version of the design, which we all fell in love with.  I used very similar shades, but changed it up just ever so slightly.  The colors are hard to describe, but probably more to the pinky/peachy side of coral with a darker shade of rose/coral, and some turquoise.  The 11s that attach the triangles around the outer edge truly make this pattern flow wonderfully.  The only thing I didn't love is that the thread shows around the diamonds and the superduos, and there doesn't seem to be any way around that.  But, I'll be making more of this design.  I did also love that my Indian chief button fit the design perfectly, as it's one of my favorites...




1 comment:

Eileen said...

Beautiful, beautiful colors Janet. Remind me sometime - I can show you how to hide the thread...