4/14/2015

NEW TWIST ON SPIRAL DESIGN


The spiral design has long been one of my favorites.  I don't need to pull out a pattern, because I have this one down in my memory banks.  But, this new version called "Briar Rose", designed by TrendSetter Emi Yamada, taught by Sandy Taylor at Bead Street, was slightly different.  (Thanks for your patience with us, Sandy!) It took a few minutes to figure out how the triangles fit into the design, making sure which hole to go through on the first pass, in the right direction, and then connecting them to the center of 8/0 sbs to start the spiral twist. The 2-hole triangles really make it fun - especially when you can add in any color trio you want.  You could probably even add more triangles if you chose.  I used a beautiful size 8/0 sb in a copper/reddish permanent finish to make the center pop, which I think it did, and I think the purples and multi colored 11/0 sbs are more visible because of the center.



 And, earrings made to match.  The Czech table cut glass flowers are so wonderful.  I have to order these from the UK!






No comments: