9/02/2014

RINGS 'N' THINGS...

A wonderful new design--you can make one segment of the pattern for a ring--make several for a bracelet--a few for a necklace, or double up and make a complete beaded bead!  This is a versatile, fun design.  It's called "Cortez", designed by Vezsuzsi, taught by Sandy Taylor at Bead Street.  I stitched a ring using only one segment of the pattern and I think it's pretty gorgeous.  Sizing the ring to fit is the hard part.  I thought I was making it for my ring finger, but it ended up fitting my pinky.  Looks great there too... but this sizing thing... it ain't that easy!  The pattern uses Rullas (altho I've also used bricks and they work well), 8mm FP, 3mm FP and 11/0 and 15/0 sb. 
 


This is the backside of the ring strap.  I used RAW to stitch the two sides together and that worked pretty darn well.


Another new ring of my own JDreams design.  Used 8/0 sb in even peyote stitch and then used a block stitch, kind of, on the outer rim to cover all the thread on the sides (8/0 and 15/0 in different colors).  Added my own embellishment of two Czech glass leaves, o rings, and an 8 mm FP.  These colors are so great for fall.  And peyote just feels good on the finger!


 
And, here's a quick shot of a pair of earrings I stitched using the new design from Vezsuzsi.  More to come, including the necklace that goes with it . . . but, are these gorgeous or what?
 
 

No comments: