9/18/2014

AMAZONITE NECKLACE and BEADED BEADS

Going through my stash, found this incredible shade of coral just waiting for me to notice them again, and then the Czech rough cut turquoise beads purchased recently.  I decided to join 'em as it were and really like the combo with the brass chain and the focal amazonite "J" or good luck rabbit's foot.  I've had the amazonite for awhile now... never knew what I would do with it, but knew I'd find something, so... tried it while stringing the turquoise and coral and decided it could work.  Added some dangles to give it a bit more oomph...


The beaded bead (Tila 3-D Beaded Bead)  in both these earrings is a pattern designed by Kim Spencer for CisrayDesigns, taught by Sandy and Eileen at Bead Street .  I say Sandy and Eileen because it was a joint effort.  This particular pattern was difficult for any of us to follow and Sandy and Eileen put it all into perspective for us.  There were two beaded beads and these earrings show the first bead.  It became easier after we learned a few quick tricks.  The other one... well... I made one, and have not ventured to make another just yet.  I'll post once I do, as it is equally as fun and much more of the 3-D!


These turned out particularly gorgeous...


No comments: